Dear Valued Patient,
We know you’re concerned about the Coronavirus.
We want to reassure you we are taking aggressive steps to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus in our clinic. Our staff is following our usual infection control measures we always ramp up during flu season, and more. We are doing extra sanitizing of all surfaces and especially the workspaces, treatment rooms, bathrooms, and reception areas.
For the safety of our patients, providers and team members, we ask if you are ill or may have been exposed to a person with either proven or suspected influenza or COVID-19 virus, please do not visit our clinic without calling first.
What Is an Emergency Treatment?
You can still get care for a serious dental problem. The ODA considers anything life-threatening something that needs to be treated right away. Ultimately, our triage dentist decides what’s urgent.
In most cases, you can still get dental care for:
- Tissue that needs a biopsy
- Swollen areas in or around your mouth (gums, face, or neck)
- Broken teeth, especially if they cause pain or tissue damage
- Signs of infection (pain and swelling)
- Post-surgery care you can’t do yourself
- A temporary crown that’s lost or broken
- Dental work related to cancer treatment
- Dentures that don’t work the right way
- Wires in your braces that hurt
- Trauma that may affect your ability to breathe
Contact Harbour Dental Centre at 416-214-9119 for your emergency reservation.
Your Emergency Reservation:
At Harbour Dental Centre your safety is our priority. Our triage team members are ready and willing to assist you with your emergency questions and reservation.
A Triage Tele-dentistry call will be placed by our triage Dentist to review your medical history and dental concern.
- Serious pain
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- We will ask you to arrive early (to avoid reception crowding)
- Legally binding “COVID-19 questionnaire” to be completed and signed prior to entering the dental operatory (every visit)
- We will ask about recent travel
- We will as if you’ve been around people with COVID-19
Tell your dentist if you have COVID-19 or think you do. Common symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. There are special steps we can take to lower the chances the virus will spread. We will work with you and your doctor to get you the right care.
- We are spacing out appointments (to ensure sterilization protocols)
- Social Distancing – Reception Area
- Non Patient Visitors will be asked to wait in their car or outside
- Personal Temperature and Oxygen Saturation – updated
- Medical grade mask will be provided prior to entering the Dental Operatory
- Hand Sanitizer (ethynol base) provided throughout our practice
- Shoe covers are available at the front door
- Protective eyewear provided in the dental treatment room
Harbour Dental Centre Emergency Dentistry Team PPE includes:
- Isolation Gowns
- Protective eyewear
- N95 masks, P100 masks, Surgical Masks (level 3)
- Hair and shoe covers
- Personal shields
- Surgical Nitrile gloves
- Breathe/Sneeze Protection Guard at our reception desk
- Educational Posters are placed throughout our clinic
A message from our family to your family
Health is the most precious gift.
Stay healthy and safe